Thursday, July 21, 2011

No move over paid, skeleton, moody Supermodels

About a few post ago I wrote about how robots are may replace human care to the elderly and in the hospitals however I never knew it would replace Runway models. Its weird to imagine a robot walking down the runway instead of a human being. With my experience with fashion models locally some are really nice to work with while others can be a real rude and stuck up and think they are the greatest looking thing on Earth. Anyway to have robots to replace models we wouldn't have to put up with bad attitudes. However makes me wonder if a robot can mimic a certain idea one is going for. For example for the 2011 UIW Cutting Edge Fashion Show my clothing designs were for young women, very fun with a romantic feel to it. Before I told the models before they went out to have a confident, playful look that "I am young, beautiful, and full of life" which most of them did except that really 'B**chy one who complained a lot and did even show up for fittings, only brought one pair of shoes, no bra so she looked flat. That's why I think robots wouldn't be such a bad idea. In addition I read all the time of girls have certain body measurements and height to make it in the business and I saw on National Geographics were a girl was under 100 pounds and was a walking skeleton it was sad that girls have to go to extremes just to keep their job and the sad part was she was only 28 when she died.

Ive read an article about robot models and it still looks like a clone trooper but it moves, talks, and has facial expression which is impressive its only a matter of time before they fix all the kinks in the robots were we wont be able to tell the difference unless the robot would run out power on the runway and stop. I'm impressed with all the wonders of Japanese technology. http://news.cnet.com/japans-latest-supermodel-a-robot/

No comments:

Post a Comment